Friday, July 22, 2011

A Bit Of Catching Up To Do

Well i have not blogged in forever. i guess i just got busy doing other things and forgot about me even having a blog. I spent all last night trying to find my blog, and when i finally found it, i had forgotten what my login info was. so i ended up creating a new one and for whatever reason it combined it with my old one so i got it back up and running.

ive gotten in to cycling here recently. ive strtd off well biking prolly 25 miles over the first 2 days, but i got to my 3rd day and about a mile away from home and i hear my tire losing air very quickly (it was so loud i could here it over my music in my headphones which were turned up pretty loud). so i got back home and strtd taking the tire off to see what was wrong. the tread on the tire was down to the threads at a couple places, but inside the tire is the inner tube which actually holds the air. the inner tube was messed up around the valve im guessing because it was so old.

so i decided to make a trip to REI in brentwood. along with getting new tires and inner tubes for my bike i had to return a couple things i ordered a few months ago and i traded for a new camelbak. its a rlly good thing i dont live that close to REI because i would prolly spend most of my time and money there if i did. unfortunately when i got home to put the tires on my bike i realized that i have gotten one of the wrong sized inner tubes so i fixed the flat and im gonna get my dad to exchange the inner tube with the right one sometime next week.

before i went to REI i was graced with the presence of one of the most wonderful women for lunch. we went to Qdoba and had a great time visiting with each other. i am so glad God has blessed me with having this amazing woman in my life!

I am really looking forward to the in-tents trip the youth and college groups are taking to the smoky mountains. this trip is always one of my favorite trips we take. its so great to see all the wonderfully beautiful things God has made. this trip serves as a reminder of how awesome and powerful God truly is and how evident He is in our lives.

college is fast approaching and thats both exciting and a bit scary. i like the idea of being out on my own and making my own decisions, but i realize that i don't always make the best decisions. though i guess that is part of becoming an adult and i'm just gonna have to learn from the decisions i make and the consequences that come from said decisions.

recently i have aided in beginning a group in which myself and a few guys that i have been mentoring and become very close with get together once a week to discuss things that affect our lives and how we should focus our lives towards God. we have met once and it went ok, but this saturday we will begin really digging in and sharing our testimonies with each other. i'm really excited about where this group can go and where God will take it! i pray God will take it further than i can even imagine.

well i know that was a lot, but i felt like catching my blog up to speed.

GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment